Emergency Travel Documents are given to facilitate one-way return for Nigerian Nationals stranded here in Ethiopia, or being deported. These documents are retrieved on arrival in Nigeria by the relevant authority.
The forms are available on the quick links, and can be downloaded, printed out, and returned to the embassy with the following
– Letter by the applicant stating why you need the Emergency Travel Document
– Data page of Nigerian Passport or evidence to show that you are Nigerian
– 2 passport photographs
– $150 (with expired Nigerian Passport)
– $250 (without Nigerian Passport, [i.e Lost Passport])
– If resident in Ethiopia, copy of utility bill
– Copy of ticket (Print out, Clear photocopy)
In addition, for children under 17 a consent letter from the father, or if the mother has legal guardianship, a consent letter from the mother as well as their passport photograph to accompany the child’s application.
POLICE CHARACTER CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT
(i) Applicant should go to nearest Police Station with a copy of his/her Nigerian Passport (Data Page) and a proof of address in Ethiopia;
(ii) Request for Finger Print Form, fill it and sign in the presence of a Police Officer; then
(iii) Send the Finger Print Form to Nigeria Police Officer in Alagbon, Lagos for verification and obtain Police Character Certificate;
(iv) Thereafter, send the Certificate to the Embassy of Nigeria Ethiopia for final authentication along with:
a. Copy of passport data page,
b. Proof of address in Ethiopia,
c. The actual Finger Print Form.